Our push pin world maps make great gifts for anniversaries, graduations and any milestone event or holiday gift giving. However, you may be wondering, how do you use pins on a paper or cotton map print and what is the best framing option?
You’ve come to the right place, it’s really easy and below you will find a step by step instruction as well as a downloadable and printable image for your reference.
How to frame a push pin world map in 3 easy steps!
Supplies you will need:
- A push pin map print
(you can buy a personalized push pin world map from us or get one of our pre-printed discounted general world maps )
- 24 x 36 inch frame
- 24×36 3/16″ White Foam Core Backing
- adhesive of your choice (double-sided tape, archival artist tape, framers adhesive such as Miracle Muck or Lineco Neutral PH Adhesive
NOTE: we do not recommend spray adhesive for canvas as it will not hold the weight of the material very well. You can use spray adhesive for paper maps.
The quickest and easiest method to adhere your map to the foam core is with double-sided tape. We actually like double sided carpet tape for it’s strength in use with canvas, but you can use whatever you like, just don’t use the thick foam tape, you’ll see it through the map and it doesn’t allow for flat laying against the board. Here is a great option for XFasten Double Sided Carpet Tape
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Lay out your map and allow to flatten
Using a paper weight or some other heavy object will assist with this process
- Place the double sided tape adhesive along the top and bottom of the foam core
You don’t need to be right on the edge of the foam core. We place it about 1/2 inch in from the edge
- Using weights to ensure accuracy, lay the map evenly on the foam core checking that the edges are the same all the way around.
Shop Push Pin Maps Now