As we prepare for an adventure filled summer, we started doing research to see which National Parks we could knock off of our bucket lists. Depending on your travel style, what you want to see and how you like to spend your time, you can easily pick a National Park to fit your needs. Thanks to the National Parks service, we are able to see which parks are the most visited and least visited parks in the United States. If you’re like us, I am sure these parks are on your list because who wouldn’t want to see their beauty?
1. Great Smoky Mountains National Park
2. Zion National Park
3. Yellowstone National Park
4. Grand Canyon National Park
5. Rocky Mountain National Park
6. Acadia National Park
7. Grand Teton National Park
8. Yosemite National Park
9. Indiana Dunes National Park
10. Glacier National Park
What are the 10 least visited US National Parks?
Unfortunately, long lines and a lot of people can make seeing a national treasure more of a chore than an enjoyment. So if you’re thinking you may prefer a less touristy options, we have you covered. These 10 parks are the least visited National Parks in the United States. Maybe because half of them are in Alaska and not super easy to get to…. But for the determined, I am sure you can mark them off of your list!
1. Gates of the Arctic National Park
2. Kobuk Valley National Park
3. Lake Clark National Park
4. Isle Royale National Park
5. North Cascades National Park
6. National Park of American Samoa
7. Wrangell-St. Elias National Park
8. Dry Tortugas National Park
9. Katmai National Park
10. Great Basin National Park
Want to track your adventures of the national parks with a map you’ll love to show off in your home? Check out our detailed US National Parks map. We have ready to ship options at a budget friendly price as well as personalized options on museum grade matte paper or 100% cotton canvas. All options are printed using archival inks that will last well over a lifetime!