6 ways to build and strengthen your relationship by celebrating each anniversary
With anniversary season well underway, we wanted to send a few of our favorite tips and ideas on celebrating your love and commitment to one another.
“Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It’s not about how much love you have in the beginning, but how much love you build till the end” – Author unknown
- Recreate your first date. This is a great way to reminisce about the early days of your relationship. You can go to the same cafe or restaurant, watch the same movie, listen to the CD of the band you went to see…. or do whatever activity you did on your first date. Make it extra special by gifting a memento or keepsake of the special day. Perhaps a leather engraved photo from your first year together?
- Take a trip to a special place. Place always holds special meaning. Especially in relationships. Consider taking a day trip or weekend trip to the place where you first met, where you got engaged, or where you married. Add a keepsake map as your anniversary gift.
- Renew your vows. While not normally something couples do as a formal event in the early years of marriage. This is a really great idea for an intimate bonding experience between you two. If you had custom written vows, create a special moment where you re-read the vows to one another after dinner or on a romantic evening star gazing. Take the opportunity to add additional vows now that you have had the experience of doing life together. This is a great way to reaffirm your commitment to each other. A gift idea is custom engraved vow cards, cotton vows or leather vows to display in your home.
- Have a party with friends and family. Maybe you had a small or intimate wedding with very little people. Maybe you love to be surrounded by as many people as possible. Anniversaries are a great time to get people together to celebrate life’s joyous moments. Consider inviting the people you love for dinner & drinks and to celebrate the life you are building together. A great gift idea for a large anniversary celebration is a push pin cork map. Use this as a way to have your guests pick and pin places they think you should travel to over the years!
- Do something spontaneous. Sometimes the best way to celebrate an anniversary is to do something you wouldn’t normally do in your day to day lives. You could go on an impromptu road trip, take a hot air balloon ride, dine at a roof top restaurant, go to that pricey concert, hike a mountain together, or anything else that you have always wanted to do. Depending on the theme of your choice, you could gift a custom sheet music engraving, a push pin travel map to pin your road trip.
- Just spend time together. The most important thing is to spend time together on your anniversary. A joyful attitude and desire to spend time enjoying each other’s company goes a long way in building a strong relationship. We have a keepsake gift for any special moment. Please check out our newest designs and offerings on our website and a lot more anniversary gifts and designs on our Etsy shop!
No matter what you do, enjoy the moment!
Thanks for being here with us,
xo— Jess + Mike Wilkeson