Jessica Wilkeson Design Studio specializes in custom and made to order maps. One of our main products is the 24×36 inch push pin travel map. What makes our product unique is that each map was hand designed by Jessica Wilkeson and crafted with pinning travels in mind. The design of each map is unique and the exclusive printed text box with your personalized information will make your map one of a kind.
Below you will find our ultimate guide to push pin travel maps and answer any questions you may have regarding our maps, the personalization process, how to DIY frame or have it done professionally by us or someone else. We like to give you the flexibility to have the experience and outcome you desire!
- How to order
- What material should I select: Paper or cotton canvas?
- Personalization tips
- Add on special hearts
- Should order it rolled to frame myself or have it framed?
- How to DIY frame my push pin map
- Add on professional framing
- Additional information
- Does my push pin map get an approval process?
- Common questions
HOW TO ORDER A CUSTOM PUSH PIN MAP:
- Visit www.jessicawilkeson.com to shop custom push pin maps
- Select the color map of your choice
- Select your material and finishing option
- Select your pin color
- Please provide your personalized name and date in the personalized box.
- We will then design, print, assemble and ship your map!
WHAT MATERIAL SHOULD I SELECT: PAPER OR COTTON CANVAS?
Great question! It’s completely up to you! We print with professional Canon Image Prograf printers using archival ink stated to last 100+ years! The material we print on is specifically designed for this ink, which is museum grade and archival, making both paper or cotton canvas a great choice. So how do you make a decision then? Here are the benefits of each:
- The Paper is museum grade
- The Paper has a matte finish
- The Paper is super thick at 230 gsm (think very thick card stock)
- The Paper is a great choice for 1st Anniversary gifts because paper is the traditional gift for 1st year wedding anniversaries
- The Cotton is 100% cotton canvas
- The Cotton has a textured finish
- The Cotton is super thick and pliable 410 gsm
- The Cotton has light water resistance
- The Cotton is a great choice for 2nd Anniversary gifts because cotton is the traditional gift for 2nd year wedding anniversaries!
HOW TO PERSONALIZE YOUR MAP
Provide the following information so we can personalize your push pin world travel map
- The name of the family, individual or couple (See idea photos below and quick video for more detail)
- The date you want printed
ADDITIONAL PERSONALIZATION TIPS
How to display the name(s):
✓ Common examples: The Jones Family ‣ The Wilkesons ‣ Joe & Jen’s Adventures
✓ VERY IMPORTANT: Apostrophes are not used on surnames. We will remove them if necessary (Apostrophes are for possessives).
✓ What you supply at time of order is what will be printed. This item does not have an approval process. Please ensure accuracy at time of order.
ADD ON SPECIAL HEARTS
♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Add up to 5 special hearts printed on specific cities. You could place a heart where you met, fell in love, got engaged, married, honeymooned, purchased your first home, etc. This is an upgrade option on all of our personalized push pin maps. The cost to upgrade is $5. Image below for an example of what the hearts look like.
ORDERING MY MAP ROLLED OR FRAMED. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
You can either mount and frame yourself or receive your map framed and ready to hang. The choice is yours. We provide easy instructions for those who wish to do it themselves. Scroll down to see instructions and video. Or you can receive it ready to be pinned upon arrival.
HOW TO DO-IT-YOURSELF FRAME A PUSH PIN MAP
We provide all of our DIY push pin maps with instructions on how to DIY frame your map. There are many options to do this and we have experience with 2 options. Double sided adhesive and spray adhesive. Our favorite is using spray adhesive, however it does require 2 people to easily adhere your map without any bubbles or mishaps. Below is an infographic on what you can print and use to mount your map on foam core as well as steps and materials needed:
How do I frame a push pin map?
- Gather your supplies
• You will need a 24×36 inch map, please visit us to create your custom map
• You will need 24×36 inch foam core 3/16 inch thick
• You will need adhesive of your choice. We love Gorilla Heavy Duty Spray Adhesive.
- Adhere map to foam core with spray adhesive
This is the best option if two people are available for extra hands.
One person holds map up in the air, while the second person aligns two of the corners of the map to the foam core.
The person holding up the map can then slowly lay down the map on to the foam core, while the other person smooths map down with hands to ensure it is adhered evenly.
- Place your map into your frame
place your map that is now adhered to foam core in a frame of your choice (without glass)
- Hang your map!
hang, pin and enjoy!
ADD ON PROFESSIONAL FRAMING
We now offer the ability (new for 2020) to receive your map ready to hang upon arrival! Mounted to foam core and framed with one of our 10 colored frame options.
- Please note, due to the custom nature of the framing process, we do require an additional 7-9 business days for framing add on.
- Framed orders cannot be rushed.
- Frames are available in 10 different color options
- Frame are made in the United States
- Frames are North American hardwood with a decorative wood wrap color design
- See image below for more information and color choices on frames for your push pin map
▶︎ We take great care in the printing process and handle them with care to ensure they arrive to you safely.
▶︎ Check out our other great personalized and ready to ship map options.
▶︎ Size is 24 x 36 inches
▶︎ The antique background on some of the maps is designed to have a cross hatch appearance of different shades of tan. If you zoom in on the images, you can see this is how we designed it to be and it will print that way.
DOES MY PUSH PIN MAP GET AN APPROVAL PROCESS?
Digital proofs will NOT be provided with personalized push pin maps. This is so we can process your order in a timely manner and meet our printing and production timelines. We appreciate your understanding with this as we are a 2 person team. What you supply at time of order is what we will use on your print. Please make sure it’s accurate before submitting your order.
Any additional questions, please review our FAQ page
https://jessicawilkeson.com/frequently-asked-questions/ or email Mike.
▶︎ Downloadable framing info: https://jessicawilkeson.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/framing-a-push-pin-map-jessica-wilkeson-2020.pdf
▶︎ How-to Video using the double sided tape method: https://youtu.be/xJZ_jrr-YIw